Trench Watch - manufacturer and date

Hello,

I am investigating some items from my late grandgfather’s estate and came across this watch, which I gather is a Trench Watch.

The back/workings of the watch face say that it is a Rolex, and I think the RWC Ltd in the case denote Rolex.
The case also has some other hallmarks that I cannot identify - is anyone able to assist me with this please?

If you are able to help me discover the age of the watch that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Yes this is a Rolex Watch Corporation Limited works and case. The other marks on the case are .925 for sterling silver, the double F mark is the Glasgow assay office import mark used from 1906 to 1964 and the "h"is a date letter for 1930.

Rolex Watch Corporation Limited did indeed create the forebear to this very robust 15 jewel movement for use in WWI but discontinued that model by 1923

" While the standard Rebberg works caliber was phased out by 1923, Aegler produced a small number of late-variant Rebberg movements featuring a distinctive sweeping, curved center bridge into the late 1920s. These were occasionally cased and imported as late as 1930—frequently utilizing early or cushion-style Oyster cases."

The dial, which hopefully you have, will likely be Arabic hours in black letters on a white or off-white enamel face. The hands on so many 1930’s watches were replaced because of concerns about radium. Rolex did not generally use the material .

The other marks are of course scratch marks for repair and cleaning. It looks like your grandfather took good care of the watch and returned it every few years to the probably same shop to clean and relube.

While I have a number of Rolex watches in my personal collection I am not a horologist and you would get a more detailed view on a watch forum or, if you have one, a local watch repairer. But this looks in good shape from a quick overview