Two makers/sponsors marks??

Hi all,
I’m not sure what this thing is - it looks a bit like a collar/ferrule from a walking stick. However what’s interesting to me, I really should get out more, is the two makers/sponsors marks. I know that in Scotland the assay master (Deacon) used to put his marks which were usually initials but I haven’t come across either mark before and they are deliberately not overstruck. Can anyone shed some light past the London 1911
Thanks for any help.
tn_misc_004.jpg

Can you post a better (bigger) picture of the marks? It’s impossible to make out any details on the one you show.

Apologies the initial pic was a thumbnail here’s the whole thumb.
misc_004b1.jpg

RD is Robert Victor Dumenil who is described as a “pipe mounter”. L&Co is probably Long & Co Ltd who were stick mounters. The mark shown for Long & Co Ltd in Culme’s directory of London gold & silversmiths is L&Co in a rectangular box rather than the oval box on this piece. I suspect that the maker was Dumenil (possibly contracted to Long’s) and that Long’s then applied their own mark - using a different form to the more usual maker’s mark - as retailer. All pure speculation of course, but it’s a possible explanation.