Unmarked Silver Napkin Rings

Hi! I’m hoping someone can help guide me in the right direction in identifying these napkin rings I picked up at a thrift store. They have no marks and they just came in a brown box with a clear plastic lid. No marks on the box either. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Christy

Hi there Christy and thanks for joining us. Items such as these without marks are virtually impossible to identify, either by maker or material. If the rings have no tarnish on them whatsoever they may be some material such as stainless steel rather than silverplate.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Thank you! I wondered if I may just be out of luck. That’s okay, they’re still really cool. And they’ve got lots of tarnish that I need to work on. Thanks again!

If they have tarnish they are probably silver plated. It is very common for silver plated smalls like these to have no marks at all. Clean 'em up and enjoy! Napkin rings have become a lost art…we have 7 grandkids and I’ve been collecting sterling rings with each of their names on them and need a few more to complete the set. We use them at every family gathering.

Regards,

Uncle Vic