Wallace 700

Hello again!

I saw this piece and fell in love with its design and how well crafted it seems. Searched for similar patterns online, and found it to be the “poppy” pattern by Wallace. Cross references to ebay sales and other sites show identical ‘poppy’ bowls, but they are stamped sterling and 123 for the pattern/product number. While it is a beautiful piece, I need to know what exactly it is! Thanks for your help!
wallace 700 top.jpg
wallace 700 bottom.jpg
wallace 700 stamp.jpg

Hi and thanks for joining us again. I assume you are aware that its silver plated and are just trying to identify the pattern? Try finding it on www.replacements.com as they have about the best website for identifying American silver patterns.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Thank you for the quick reply!

I’ve looked at replacements.com and many other sites; the only poppy pattern that exists is the 123 pattern. Noticing the striking similarities, I couldn’t help but think there is something unique about this piece. Pattern #700 does not seem to exist anywhere online.

The 700 is probably the silver plate version of the sterling 123. Like most American silver plate smalls it would have little commercial value.

Regards,

Uncle Vic