Please visit our other websites: Ganoksin Jewelry Making Resource | Orchid Jewelry Making Forums | International Gem Society | IGS Gemstone and Gemology Forums

Silver Collector Forums

What are these markings

Hi All, can anyone help me with this please, from the research i’ve done so far im pretty sure that the Lion & the Anchor mean its british & from birmiingham, The PI Ltd & the D im not so sure about, i think the D is the date mark but cant find out what date !
Please help !!!
DSCF1965.JPG

Hi there,
All I can help with is the date it’s 1978. No help with the maker. Someone else may be of more help. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Tony

Thanks silvertt
So now i know its 1978, british & had the mark of the birmingham assay office, all i need to know now is where the PLLTDor PILTD comes from,
Can anyone help ???

Cheers in advance

TJ

It looks like PI Ltd to me, but I don’t have a record of who PI Ltd is. If you are not British you may not realise that Ltd is short for Limited or Limited Company - similar to Inc in the USA.

Hi silvermakersmarks

Thanks for your help, I am british, im in sunny south wales !!! i cant find anything out about this company at all, i’ve been searching all day for them !! i only really want to know what this is worth, its weight is about 2.5 oz / 7 g

Cheers
TJ

Scrap value of 2.5oz of sterling is currently about £28. Scrap value is probably the best indication as there is no particular artistic or utility value in a pendant ingot.

had it been a year earlier and included the silver jubilee mark of Elizabeth II it would increase in value.

I have the exact same bar. I found it in a second hand shop about two hours ago. It was hard to tell if it was silver (without my trusty magnet) and I was thinking maybe it might have been stainless steel. I couldn`t see .925 on it so when I got home I got out my silver polish cloth and it cleaned up wonderfully (leaving black tarnish on the cloth). I gave it a slight nick with a file in an inconspicuous place and I am 100 percent sure that it is silver. At $1.00 AU , I am very lucky and thanks for your forum - I found your forum after looking for information about the ingot. LOVE MY SILVER