Please visit our other websites: Ganoksin Jewelry Making Resource | Orchid Jewelry Making Forums | International Gem Society | IGS Gemstone and Gemology Forums

Silver Collector Forums

What is this metal object?

Hey! New here
Can anyone tell me what these are for?

They are grape scissors. You probably know that they are electroplated and not solid silver. The manufacturer was Ainsworth, Taylor & Co of Birmingham.


Hi phil, what are grape scissors?

They are for cutting a small portion of grapes from a bunch before eating them - much more elegant than pulling a whole load off by hand.