Please visit our other websites: Ganoksin Jewelry Making Resource | Orchid Jewelry Making Forums | International Gem Society | IGS Gemstone and Gemology Forums

Silver Collector Forums

Whose mark is this please? M M C with a crown over C

Hi, I can’t figure this mark out. It looks like a M M C with a crown over the C. The M’s are different in font. Someone said it was M M & CO, but I can’t find anything out about them and I can’t find anything about their hallmarks. The mark is on the bottom of a teapot, sugar & creamer. I imagine it is silver plate, but I don’t really know. It says nothing else other than the MMC. Thanks ahead of time for your help. I should mention that each letter is in its own shield. The picture is dark and hard to see. I found this picture online from another forum. I promise to post my own picture soon.
mmc.jpg

Try re-posting your picture of the mark, worth a thousand words as they say…

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Hi and thanks for taking time to view my post and to write back. i must be doing something wrong. As you can see below, my picture isn’t showing up only my file name. Sorry, I will work with it a little more but I don’t think I have much hope. I thought I new how to upload an image, but this has proved me wrong.

No worry, just send me the pix of the marks direct, royvictor@cox.net and I’ll see what we can do to identify the silver.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

The problem with uploading images has been fixed. Please try to repost the image.

Regards // Jonathan

Hi,

I just acquired a tray with the same mark and was also hoping to find out who the maker is.

I’ve found a photo of the mark on the website www.925-1000.com where it is identified as an unknown American mark.

I wasn’t able to grab the picture and post it in this response, but it is the fourth mark in the center column of the following link:

925-1000.com/americansilver__Unk.html

I hope this picture makes it easier to identify!

thanks for the help,
Mark

Hello! I see there haven’t been any replies to this thread in almost two years, so I’m trying not to get my hopes up haha. However, I too have acquired an object with these markings. I haven’t been able to find much about them other than it being “unidentified.”

I have a much clearer picture than the ones I’ve been able to find. Here it is:

This is the object I have (I’m not sure exactly what it’s called):